The governor of Borno State, Prof. Babagana Umara Zulum on Wednesday revealed that the night trips suspended over insecurity in Borno state will resume next year.
The governor however did not annouce the exact date for the resumption of the night trips.
He made the disclosure while presenting a budget of N234,831,950,000.00 for 2023 to the House of Assembly for approval.
The amount presented is N35 billion (2.5%) less than the total of N267,921,484,000 presented to the assembly last year.
Presenting the budget christened ‘Budget of continuity for sustainability”, Zulum said it was made up of N144,175,033,000.00 for capital expenditure and N90,656,917,000.00 for recurrent expenditure.
Zulum said his past budgets focused on reconstruction, rehabilitation and resettlement, “But, the 2023 proposal shall capitalise on those gains to sustain our resilience and restore our glory”.
Highlights of the budget include a plan to complete all ongoing projects in 2023; construction of two fly-overs, drilling of 54 hybrid powered boreholes in 24 LGAs, the establishment of 60 hectares of sprinkler irrigation systems in 6 LGA, construction of earth dams in the state.
Also, there’s a plan to construct teachers’ quarters in Biu, Hawul, Dikwa and Gajiram Towns; the establishment of 3 mega higher Islamic colleges in Gwoza, Bama and Kukawa LGAs; establishment of Schools of Nursing in Gwoza and Monguno and construction of 500 housing units in Logumani and Gajibo towns.
Zulum said the budget would be financed from recurrent revenue of N138 billion, which will comprise FAAC revenue of N68 billion, IGR of N33.2 billion, VAT of N30 billion and other Federation Account sources of N6.5 billion.
“The budget will also be financed by capital receipts of N95,685,089,000.00 comprising loans and grants,” he said.