Tragedy struck in Kwara State, on Wednesday, as fume from a generator killed four people.
The incident occurred at the Ojomu family compound in Sanmora, Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara.
The victims reportedly came down from Lagos to celebrate the Sallah festival.
Their corpses have been deposited at the Offa General Hospital morgue.
Two other victims who were unconscious have been rushed to the hospital for medical attention.
A source said the DPO of Agbamu, Igbasan Owoyemi John, was among those that came to evacuate the bodies.
According to the source, “We discovered there lifeless bodies this morning, the head of the house, his wife and her friend and the friend to one of his children who followed them to celebrate Sallah from Lagos.
“In the night while they were still feasting, they put on the generator and all slept off.
“It was one of the aged women in the compound who wanted to go and welcome them around past 7:00am Wednesday that discovered their bodies and raised the alarm.
“Two of them who were still alive when residents went in were unconscious. They are lying in critical condition at the hospital now and we don’t know their date yet”, the source added.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer of the Kwara State Command, Ajayi Okasanmi, confirmed the development.
“Yes, I just called our officers there. The incident is true. We will continue to appeal to people to put safety first in all there actions even during celebration. We however, condoled with the affected family over this unfortunate incident,” he added.