Registrar of Zamfara State College of Education, Abdullahi Haruna, says it is not true that gunmen were responsible for the fire incident that affected a female hostel in the school on Thursday.
The fire outbreak completely burnt the female hostel destroying property worth millions of naira.
The registrar said that the fire incident occurred when one of the students was cooking food with a kerosene stove.
He said that a block of female hostels comprising 20 rooms was completely destroyed by the fire.
READ ALSO :Again, troops inflict casualties on bandits
“Students’ items comprising clothes, documents, bedding materials and other valuable items, worth millions of naira, were also lost to the fire.
“We thank God that no loss of lives or casualties were recorded, the school management has provided relief materials to the students,” the registrar explained.
He appealed to the students to remain calm and consider the incident as act of God, while calling on governments at all levels to assist the students that were affected by the fire incident.
The registrar further dismissed the suggestion that some unknown gunmen were responsible for setting the hostel on fire, describing the information as the work of mischief makers that should be disregarded by the public.