Three children ( name withheld) of the same parents have died of suffocation from generator fume in Emevor Community, Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State at the weekend.
The incident which occurred at Orukdhe street in the community where their parents live has created palpable tension in the area as the entire household had gone to bed in the night with their generator still on but later went off on its own when the fuel was exhausted but was shocked the following day off on Saturday when they woke up in the morning to a strange grotesque atmosphere in the house.
They were said to have raised the alarm after they discovered that there the bodies of their children were cold and lifeless with some vomited substance on their bodies which they later alleged was the yam pepper soup made with goat meat which their father brought home from the party he attended that same Friday in the area.
But medical examination at the General Hospital Oleh by Dr David Kpore proved that the Children were choked to death with the fume in hailed from the generator that Friday night kept very close to the room they Children slept.
Meanwhile, the death of the children who were buried in the early hours of Saturday amidst tears and outburst from family members, reports said, has plunged the parents into shock and deep grief while neighbours who did not want their names in the print attributed the situation to the handiwork of the devil
Speaking to our correspondent on the telephone, the father of victims, Mr Ifeanyi Robert said” we never knew our Children were dead inside their room, our generator was stopped after the fuel was exhausted and we never knew our Children were dead already and we slept Off until the following Saturday morning when we found them dead, the incident happened on Friday night, we are finished and our hopes are shattered and where do we start from again in life? We have only five children and three have died, where are we starting from again?”